Thursday, December 27, 2012

200904069 Park Ye Jee

1.     What are your strengths as a writer : for example, creativity, ability to organize ideas, ability to express ideas clearly? List three of your strengths below, starting with the most important one. Explain these strengths by giving examples, if possible.

  

 My first strength is brainstorming. Speaking specifically, when it comes to a topic, I associate it with many things.

Second, I think I enjoy writing using creativity. In other words, I like writing imaginative things. I think it can make my writing prosperous.

 

2.     What do you find most difficult about writing : for example, getting ideas, organizing ideas, not knowing enough about the topic? List three problems you face in your writing, starting with the most serious. Explain these problems by giving examples, if possible.

 

I find most difficult when I have to organize ideas. For example, after I write many sentences, I used to move sentences here and there. Sometimes it becomes more confused. So I feel difficult when I have to organize ideas.

Second, I feel difficulty in grammar. Particularly, sometimes, I don't know whether I have to put 'a', or 'the'. So for a long time, I spend time looking up the dictionary.

Third, sometimes I am not familiar with a certain topic. So at first, I don't know what to say. And after I think and think, I manage to start to write.

 

 

3.     Describe your writing process by answering the following questions : How do you usually approach an out-of-class writing assignment? Do you start early or put it off until the last minute? Do you write only one draft or revise your essay one or more times? Where do you go for help if you find a writing assignment difficult?

 

I am not that too fast person. So I don't start assignment. I just begin it in the middle of due date. I write one draft first quickly not considering logic, or grammars too much. And then, I quickly look through the writing again, and when I find some errors, I revise that part.

When I have a question or I need a help, I search some information on the internet, or in books. But most on the internet, because it is faster to search what I want to know and the area I can see is more extensive.

 

4.     In what ways do you hope your writing will improve by the end of this course : for example, more confidence in writing , more ideas for writing, better organization, ability to write more quickly? List three ways in which you hope your writing will improve, and explain why these things are important to you as a writer.

 

First, whenever I think about an essay, I became nervous. May be that's why I haven't been interested in writing. So by the end of this course, I hope I can be more comfortable in writing.

Second, I want to learn how to write in a good structure. For example, I want to write according to introduction, body paragraph and conclusion.

Third, I want to be better at expressing what I think exactly. Sometimes, I cannot express my point as I think. I think I need many practices.

 

5.     What do you think will help you most to improve as a writer : for example, free writing, getting feedback and advice from other students, revising your essays, conferences with your teacher? List three things that you think will help you to improve, and explain, and explain why you think these things will be helpful.

First, there is a saying "practice makes perfection'. I have avoided chances to write a essay as many as possible.

I think I am not good at writing because I haven't written many times. So I think the more I have chance to write, the more my writing skill will improve.

 

Second, after I write, i think I need to get feedback. By getting feedback, I can find what is wrong and what should be revised.

 

Third, after getting feedback, it will be better to try to finish completely.

 

2 comments:

  1. I think you can improve writing skills because you know what your problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writer seems to like writing based on what she says. She is well aware of what happens when she tries to write something and her favourite field.

    Seongyool Myung

    ReplyDelete