Thursday, December 27, 2012

ChaiHyeon NAH/p24-25

1. My strengths as a writer are ability to express ideas clearly, ability to organize and the creativity. I tend to use short and clear sentences and usually do brainstorming before writing. These make me have a rather clear and well-organized writings. Also, I am a crative person and I would like to try new form or a style at my writing as well. However, this doesn't mean that I am always taking the risk; when I am doing graded writings like report or exam writing, I rarely show creativity. 

 

2. Things I find most difficult about writing are: grammar/punctuation, developing ideas, and not knowing enough about the topic. I'm not good at grammar and when it comes to English writing, the problem gets worse. Also, I think I am lack of background knowledge in certain areas like science or politics. If I've given some topics related in these specific areas to write, I wouldn't develop my ideas, nor can I use a variety of qualified evidences to support my ideas.

 

3. When I am doing an out-of-class writing assignment I usually put it off until the last minute. I write rough draft and check several times after that making rough drafts.When I need a help with my writing, I prefer sending an e-mail to the professor or an expert. If I can't do that, I'd go to the library and find some books to deal with my problems.

 

4.  In the end of this course, I hope my writing to be more creative. I also want to have more confidence with my writing, and it would be nice if I could be more punctual in English writing.

 

5. As a writer, I strongly believe that the confidence is the most important ability to have. In order to create something interesting and compelling, one should have confidence in him or herself. However, to have the confidence in one's writing, there requires a lot of practice. By actually writing and revising a lot, we can develop our writing skills. Then the confidence will follow as well.

3 comments:

  1. I think your writing has concrete and clear sentences as you said!!Great! -from Jieun Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your writing has concrete and clear sentences as you said!!Great! -from Jieun Lee

    ReplyDelete