Thursday, December 27, 2012

Seongyool Myung/ Winter Break Class

Seongyool Myung 200901093

 

1.     My strengths as a writer are: first, creativity. I am good at using metaphors when I talk about abstract subject, which can also help me write texts. The reader of my writing will easily and precisely understand what I try to explain to them. For example, I would describe myself as an egg. An egg's shell is completely different from what it has inside; an egg does not seem to be edible for those who do not know what it is. However, when they break the shell and taste what it was covering, most of them like it. That is a brief description of who I am. Second, I properly put proverbs and sayings at where it should locate. This is a very good strategy when writing and saying something to make people moved. Those two above result in the third strength, ability to make people think. By using metaphors and quotations, people will get answers on their own, and it is far better than persuading people by showing them information or the very truth.

2.     I find it most difficult when organizing ideas. A lot of ideas come up in my head sometimes, but they just overwhelm me. It is like they are flying from one side to the other side like the bees buzzing around my ears. In addition, it is often hard to figure out something to write when it is not my cup of tea. So, even there were times that the topic to write turned me into a thirsty man in the dessert. Also, it is related to not knowing the topic that I do need to write about. When it happens, I feel like a 5-year-old kid who tries to blow the magic balloons up.

3.     Putting things off makes me worried, so I try not to do it unless it is inevitable. Moreover, I like to write down everything in my mind and don't try revising it – so just one draft, usually. When I have problems, I go to friends who are better at English or the regarding topics than me. I have really good amigos, and they are always willing to help me if possible.

4.     Even if I am good at expressing my ideas, the structure should be well established for a stout building. In other words, only the good ingredients do not make a delicious food. They should be added in a nice way.

5.     Conference with professors, since they have more writing experiences than general students, feedback from peers – I found it very useful- and revising my drafts after some time.

3 comments:

  1. I think you already have a good writing skills^^*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing look very unique and creative as you said you like to use metaphors in your writings! It is the great merit, I think. If you learn to organize before start, you can develop better .from Jieun Lee

    ReplyDelete