Saturday, December 29, 2012

Songyi Baik - Chapter 2 first draft

Frightening race with a dog

 When I was a kid, getting a puppy was one of my long-standing wishes. But my parents always said no because it requires great deal of chores to raise a pet. I argued that I could do all the chores, but they never allowed me to have a pet. However, now I don't like animals anymore and even hate them due to one accident that totally changed my mind.

 One day I went to the friend's home after school. Her house was on the second floor, so I went up the stairs and called her name. Instead of my friend's answer, I could hear the dog barking. There was a giant brown dog in the yard. I'm not sure whether the dog was really big or it seemed big because I was so young. I was very happy to see the dog, so I went close to it. But it barked fiercely to me as I was a stranger.

 I couldn't go inside because the dog stood right in front of the entrance and it was still barking fiercely. My friend went out to let it go inside a dog house. It was then she missed a leash and the dog ran into me. There was no time to yell for help. I quickly went down the stairs and ran away from the dog.

 The dog chased me rapidly, so I ran as fast as I could. There was a small stream next to the friend's house. I might run about 50 meters along that stream. I tried my best, but I got caught not long after. The dog bit my left leg and went back to my friend who was following behind us. It wagged its tail as nothing had happened. I burst into tears not because I got hurt, but because felt relieved that it's all over.

 The injury was not serious, so I just got a shot and took some pills. It was the frightening experience that I can clearly remember until now, but I could learn that animals become more aggressive when strangers come close. So nowadays if there's a pet at other's home, I tried to be more careful and keep a distance at first.

3 comments:

  1. Most of all, I could feel the urgent situation and your desperate feelings which give your writing vivid reality. You described the trauma in a way that I could easily imagine in my mind as if I experienced it by myself.

    And it is the dog to blame, not you. Whatever a situation is, a dog must obey the rules and respect humans. If I were you, I could give him a tough lesson, so that he would never show his teeth to me again.

    I don’t think that I am in a position to make comments about your writing style, because I am the one who is now learning. But I do want to hear more about the happening like how did your friend punish the dog or how did your parents react once they were told the incident.

    What I want to suggest is that I want you to have a pet. I understand it might not be easy, but dogs are really faithful. Cats are a bit different. You know, men can change but dogs will be on your side till they die.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Frightening race with a dog
    When I was a kid, getting a puppy was one of my long standing wishes. But my parents always said no because it requires great deal of chores to raise a pet. I argued that I could do all the chores, but they never allowed me to have a pet. However, now I don't like animals anymore and even hate them due to one accident that totally changed my mind.
    One day I went to the friend's home after school. Her house was on the second floor, so I went up the stairs and called her name. Instead of my friend's answer, I could hear the dog barking. There was a giant brown dog in the yard. I'm not sure whether the dog was really big or it seemed big because I was so small. I was very excited to see the dog, so I went close to it. But it barked furiously to me as I was a stranger.
    I couldn't go inside because the dog stood right in front of the entrance and it was still barking savagely. My friend came out to let it go inside a dog house. It was then that she missed a leash and the dog ran into me. There was no time to yell for help. I quickly went down the stairs and ran away from the dog as fast as I could.
    The dog chased me rapidly. It was right behind me and I could hear it growling. There was a small stream next to the friend's house and I might run about 50 meters along the stream. I tried my best, but I got caught not long after. The dog bit my left leg and went back to my friend who was following us. It wagged its tail as nothing had happened. I burst into tears not because I got hurt, but because I felt relieved that it's all over.
    My friend came to me and tried to soothe me. She said that she would punish the dog and train it to obey the rules and respect humans. Then she called my parents and told them the story. They came immediately and once again I burst into tears when I saw their faces. With tears in my eyes, I promised that I would not pester to raise a dog anymore. My parents tenderly smiled and hugged me.
    This is the frightening experience that I can clearly remember until now. Since then I am afraid to go near the animals, especially the ones with sharp teeth including dogs. Some people recommend me to have a pet to overcome the trauma, but I wasn’t able to attempt. I just try to be more careful and keep a distance when there’s a pet at other’s home as I learned that animals become aggressive when strangers come close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. park ye jee 200904069January 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

    I think it is generally well-structured.
    and it seems very lively.
    In addition,I think it will be better to add something for example when you were being chased, you could hear the dog breathes... like this.

    ReplyDelete