Thursday, December 27, 2012

Kyu Jin Chapter 1

Strengths

1.     Easy to comprehend – I guess I make it easy for myself and the readers to reach my point. Through redesigning my sentences several times, I can express ideas clearly and fast.

2.     Entertaining – I try to make my writings more approachable to variety of people. I tend to stay away from redundancy and other factors which force me to beat around the bush. I like to be frank and precise at many times.

3.     Creativity – This I am not so sure of. I do try to reach back of my head to find possible combinations. This allows me to work harder for my grades.

 

Difficulties

1.     Organizing – I have much information but never understood how to put them together in an orderly fashioned way.

2.     Vocabularies – I feel very insecure about using new words without consulting to professors. I need to be more comfortable with thesaurus.

3.     Length – Because I try to make my writings easy and entertaining, my writings often appear to be short.

 

Writing process

I approach an out-of-class writing assignment with great deal of speed. I start early but also finish early. I try not to think about it afterwards. I write possibly only two drafts. If I find my assignments difficult, I ask professors in general.

 

Improvements

I hope to find a way to organize and improve my ideas. I wish to improve my vocabularies as well. Hopefully, as the course proceeds, my ability to put English words together improves. I would like to grow patience and review my writing and truly measure my knowledge.

 

Help

1.     Conferences with professor – I believe that if I want to be accurate and precise, asking would be the best way to go.

2.     Freewriting – Maybe this would help my ideas to be more organized.

3.     Feedbacks – Harsh critique may help, but I would enjoy classmates' encouragements and support more. 

2 comments:

  1. Difficulty about length. I have a same problem :( Maybe our writings would get longer by the end of the course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longer isn't always better. Clear and to the point is more important.

    A suggestion: just so I can keep records better, let's use full names (first names AND family names).

    Thanks!

    JBH

    ReplyDelete