Thursday, December 27, 2012

chap1_P25-26 / Chong rim Yoo 200702094

200702094 Chong rim Yoo

1. My three strengths as a writer will be: 1) creativity: having this in a writing means having a interesting context. Showing a different attractive topic which the reader cannot feel boring.

2) simple: I am not good or like using long sentences with difficult vocabulary. I like writing in short and simple sentences which the reader would not have difficulty on understanding my message.

3) appropriate: As I use short and simple sentences, I quite use an accurate grammar.

 

2. My three difficulty about writing will be: 1) organizing ideas: I have a hard time organizing the structure as introduction, body, and conclusion. I even get stuck during brain storming.

2) expressing idea: I am really bad on analyzing my thoughts and feelings in a sentence. I do have a lot of things to talk about but I just can't put those all in a writing.

3) professional ability: As I said I prefer writing short sentences, so my writing could be seen as lack of professional ability. I am very weak at making a qualified and strong sentences.

 

3. I try to start early but when it comes to a writing assignment, the actual start comes late. I do turn on my computer to write but it takes long for me to organize the structure. So, honestly I sometimes hand in the first draft because I run out of time organizing the structure. But when I have enough time before the dead line I go to my brother or father for help because they have lots of experience in writing and read a lot.

 

4. The three things I would like to be improved are: 1) Well-organized structure or idea: I really want to shorten my time on organizing the structure and idea. It does take a long time for me to decide how I will start the introduction. So, knowing how to write a strong and accurate introduction is one of my goal.

2) confidence: I have never shown my whole writing material to anybody else except the professors because I did not have confidence on my writing and thought I was just bad of it. So, I didn't have a chance to get a real feed back which means I never had a chance to improve my errors. I hope I can fix my attitude by this course and know how to love my writings.

3) expressing idea: I still think that too much difficult vocabulary and complicated sentence structure could bother the reader to read the message of the wirter. So, I want to learn how to express all my thoughts in a short and easy sentence with including a great message.

 

5.The three things that will improve one's writing are: 1) reading books: Reading professional writer's writing and understanding how they use such vocabulary will help the one's to improve his or her sentence making. It helps organizing structure and grammar also.

2) confidence: Showing it's writing to others and getting feed back from them will help a lot to improve writing skills. To show writing to others it is important to have confidence and have a heart to accept others' critics.

3) write much: Even though you don't have a writing assignment, try to write during your daily life. You can write anything you want, it could be a journal, poem or lyrics. Do not care about grammar just practice how to express your thoughts and ideas in a sentence.

3 comments:

  1. There are grammatical problems: not using nouns or noun forms when needed, not using plural forms when required, pronouns misusing and so on. Others... I don't know what to comment. This is a pilot project no??

    Seongyool Myung

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a lot common in strengths and difficulties as a writer..
    Till now, i can't find the solutions..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have problems like you.
    Especially organizing and expressing my ideas.
    I keep writing the same senteces severtal times, and I feel awful.

    ReplyDelete