Thursday, December 27, 2012

yongsun chapter1
 

1.      Creativity, life experience, and humor. Reading various kinds of book make me to have high level of creativity. I have many life experiences such as working in restaurant, teaching other people and etc. As a result, I can write real stories based on my experiences which make my story more real and fun. I think I gain and develop my humor by watching entertainment shows from TV or having lots of conversation with others. In my opinion, humor is one of the most important factors for a writer to make readers interested in and absorbed in their writings.

2.      I find knowing enough about the topic, organizing thoughts in right order, and finding right words that I want to express are the most difficult thing when I write. Every time I write, it takes very long time to organize my thoughts, and in the end, I get confused to finish my writing in time. So the quality of my writing is low, even though I have quite good ideas.  

3.      I usually approach an out-of-class assignment by using Internet. There are lots of good and valuable programs to use in Internet: I can use different kinds of dictionaries, find as much as information I want to. I never put it off until the last minute: that’s what one of my strengths. I normally use ‘Google’ when I need help.

4.      I want improve my organizing skill by the end of this course. One way of improving it is that writing as much as I can; practicing organizing what I’m going to write every time before I begin writing, and getting ideas or know-how from others in order to develop my skills by referring to other’s procedure.  

5.      I think getting feedback, advice from other students, and free-writing will help me to improve as a writer. In my opinion, it is very helpful to get feedback from someone because if I get feedbacks from others, then I can have an idea about what I did wrong and correct them, and also avoid making same mistakes in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I would like to know what books you read to be more creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you that you have the creativity and humor that I don't have. I should read more books and watch entertainment TV programs. Thank you for the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use Internet a lot when I am writing. It's so convenient and helpful resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh somebody already made a second comment while I was writing... but I don't know how to delete this one

      Delete
    2. Just leave everything up, mistakes and all. If there is a problem, just repost again somewhere else please.
      JBH

      Delete