Saturday, January 5, 2013

200904069 Park Ye Jee

                    < My Missing Teacher>     FIRST DRAFT       200904069 Park Ye Jee

Have you ever had a secret crush on somebody?

I have once! Even for almost 3years! The person I had liked was a teacher.

It was when I was in the first grade in girl's high school. At that time, in my school, there were new teacher who came one year before I came to school. And of them, two were male teachers.

One male teacher taught math and the other male teacher taught English. And because the two male teachers were same age, they became close to each other, so when they go somewhere, they were frequently together. Besides, the two teachers were unmarried, for which, they were overwhelmingly popular to girl students. So some students even compared who is more popular in school. Actually, of two teachers, I loved English teacher. His name is Lee Jae In.

He was like a big tree. He was very tall. His height was more than 180cm. So I had to raise my head to look at him. And He was also chubby. When you imagine his appearance only by what I said so far, you might be a little bit scared. But it is not at all.

Rather, he was cute. Why? Whenever we go school trip or go outside, he used to wear black-round sunglasses. And his eye brows were like number 8 in Chinese letter. so because of this appearance, he got a nickname : Pooh! When he smiles, he really resembled "the pooh". From him, I realized that even chubby man can be attractive.

Another reason I had crushed on him more and more was his generosity.

At that time, we had to take a test every month in my school. And it was a November. In that month, the English exam was particularly difficult compared to last month. I had studied English very hard to attract his attention. Thanks to this, I got over 90 out of 100. Seeing my result, he was surprised. Because even though the exam was difficult, my test score got increased by almost 20 scores. So he gave me a big compliment and he was really proud of me.

Since then, whenever I was frustrated by exam, or I felt depressed, he came to me and he encouraged me to study hard. So sometimes we shook our hands together as a greeting. I was really happy. And as time went by, I had a feeling of more than respect. I thought it was a kind of love. I used to write a letter and gave him with a beverage. In addition, in a special day like valentine day or white day, I bought some chocolate or some candy for him.

Until I graduated high school, I felt love for him. And still now, I sometimes contact him by phone or text message. Do I still love him? No! Not anymore. But I like him as a teacher who was like vitamin to me.

And I am really happy that I have a teacher who is proud of me and don't forget me.

And I think I am really honored to know my teacher in my life.  

 

2 comments:

  1. 1. This person was your generous English teacher in girls' high school that you loved once but now respect, who is tall and chubby.

    2. "He was very tall.", "And He was also chubby.", "Do I still love him? No! Not anymore. But I like him as a teacher who was like vitamin to me."
    "Another reason I had crushed on him more and more was his generosity."

    3. - what the person looks like: He was like a big tree. He was very tall. His height was more than 180cm. So I had to raise my head to look at him. And He was also chubby., And his eye brows were like number 8 in Chinese letter.
    - what the person says: ?
    - what the person does: Whenever we go school trip or go outside, he used to wear black-round sunglasses., So he gave me a big compliment and he was really proud of me., Since then, whenever I was frustrated by exam, or I felt depressed, he came to me and he encouraged me to study hard. So sometimes we shook our hands together as a greeting.
    - what other people say about the person: so because of this appearance, he got a nickname : Pooh!

    4. The essay was clear. You described your teacher well with detailed description of him. I wonder how eye brows can seem like number 8.

    5. I suppose you chose to write about the English teacher because he is one of your precious memory. I guess he was the energizer for your hard and stressful school life as you said he was like vitamin to you.

    6. Did you ever go to see him after you graduated school? Is he still English teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is ChaiHyeon Nah.
    What I like the most about your writing is that it is really fun to read. You described your character, and your feelings toward him well enough that I could easily imagine the situations while reading.
    To describe your character, I think "Pooh" would be the best word. Like Pooh, your English teacher was tall, kind, fat yet cute.
    However there were some sentences that was not really clear to me. First of all, your title. I thought you were going to tell us about your "missing" teacher. Also, at the bottom of your 3rd paragraph, the meaning is not clear as other parts of your essay.
    Though, your organization is good. I like your story telling sequence. You told us the background in the first part of your essay, and gave us an anecdote in the middle. You finished your writing with the recent story of you and your teacher. I liked that.
    But I would like to know more about his characteristics. You said your teacher was really cute and kind, is there any evidences showing his cuteness and kindness?
    I think your intended audience would be your friends. Most of the students have similar kind of experience like yours. Your writing would be really fun to read since they would understand your feelings well. Maybe if your audiences are from one gender schools, he or she might understand better.

    Overall, good writing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete