Wednesday, January 9, 2013

200904069 Park Ye Jee

< English Teacher I Miss>     chapter 3. Final draft       200904069 Park Ye Jee

Have you ever had a secret crush on somebody? I have once! Even for almost 3years! The person I had liked was a teacher. It was when I was in the first grade in girl's high school. At that time, in my school, there were new teachers who came one year before I came to school. Two of them were male teachers.

 

One male teacher taught Math and the other male teacher taught English. Because the two male teachers were in the same age, they became close to each other. For example, when they go somewhere, they were frequently together. Besides, the two teachers were unmarried, for which, they were overwhelmingly popular to girl students. So some students even compared who is more popular in school. Actually, I loved English teacher of the two teachers. His name is Lee Jae In.

 

He was like a big tree. First, he was very tall. His height was more than 180cm. So I had to raise my head to look at him. Second, he was also chubby. The two reasons made him look bigger. For example, one day I took a picture with him. He really looked relatively bigger because I was very small. So friends who saw the picture said that it was like "a cicada on the tree" in Korean expression.  When you imagine his appearance only by what I said so far, you might be a little bit scared. But it is not at all.

 

Rather, he was cute. Why? Whenever we go school trip or go outside, he used to wear black-round sunglasses. And his eye brows were like number 8 in Chinese letter. Because of this appearance, he got a nick name : Pooh! When he smiles, he really resembled "the pooh". From him, I realized that even chubby man can be attractive.

 

Another reason I had crushed on him more and more was his kindness. At that time, we had to take a test every month in my school. It was in November. In that month, the English exam was particularly difficult compared to the last month. I had studied English very hard to attract his attention. Thanks to this, I got over 90 scores out of 100. Seeing my result, he was surprised. Because even though the exam was difficult, my test score got increased by almost 20 scores. So he gave me a big compliment and he was really proud of me.  

 

Since then, whenever I was frustrated by exam, or I felt depressed, he came to me and he encouraged me to study hard, patting down my head or shoulders. Sometimes we shook our hands together as a greeting. I was really happy. And as time went by, I had a feeling of more than respect. I thought it was a kind of love. I used to write a letter and gave him with a beverage. In addition, in a special day like valentine day or white day, I bought some chocolate or some candy for him.

 

Until I graduated high school, I had felt love for him. Still now, I sometimes contact him by phone or text message. Do I still love him? No! Not anymore. But I like him as a teacher who was like vitamin to me. I am really happy that I have a teacher who is proud of me and don't forget me.And I think I am really honored to know my teacher in my life. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. It's really interesting story. Reading this essay, I laugh a lot.
    You describe your teacher very well so I can imagine his appearance. And first sentence is interesting enough to make readers curious about your story.

    ReplyDelete