Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bora Hong. Chapter 2, final draft

I tried to post my final draft on my comment of my first one. But it didn't allow me ( i mean didn't work out)
So i am posting new.
 
 
 
<Five minutes in nowhere>- final draft

  Once in a life time, something that we might have heard only from the news occurs in our lives unexpectedly. Like a birth of 6 twins, immortal man after several severe accidents and so on. The story what I am going to tell you is also something that will surprise you and make you doubt and wonder how I can actually be here. I mean, how I am alive now.
   It happened about two years ago in Germany while I was studying as an exchange program student. Every day was series of happiness and joy that I haven't experienced before when I was in Korea. But that day was an exception. I want delete it from my memory, if it's possible. I am shocked of the bare idea of the five minute of that day.
   Actually I had been waiting for that day from a long time ago. It was my first party in Germany as a host. I planned it for a long time for the party. 'How will it be awesome if I make Korean food and invite all my friends?  Spending the whole night, drinking and eating and dancing and talking. Wow.' I thought. So I rent a party room near my dormitory with 150 euro and decorated it for hours. And the D-day finally came. It was an ordinary day like usual. Everything was fine and good, except that I was too excited. But something went wrong all of sudden. And it began from the loss of my house key. After the class, on my way home, I found out that I lost my house key, so I had to stay outside for about two hours waiting for the dormitory charger. The party was supposed to be started at 8 P.M but I could finally open the door at 7:30 P.M. Too late for preparing many kinds of foods. So I was decided to fry the chicken. I was in a hurry frying the chicken and dressing up at the same time. Usually something what I do too quickly at once, was ruined easily. And so was that day. The chicken was all burned and I spilled the oil on my new party dress. I was more sad to know that I can't wear that dress that day, rather than I can't provide the Korean foods to my  party guests. "Nooooooooooooooo" I screamed out loud.  But I had to be on time at the party because I was hosing the party. So I had to dress up again and throw the food away. No time for complaining and sweeping. As I think everything positive, I decided to enjoy the party and forget about the bad day. I had good time dancing, drinking, and talking with my friends. I felt great. Everything went fine. But suddenly something happened to me. Something unbelievable. It happened in the middle of the dance floor next to the DJ. I was standing next to DJ booth and grabbed a metallic pillar next to me with my hands. And then ' Boom'.
I don't remember anything from then. I was knocked out. What I remember now and what I felt that moment was that I thought I was dying. All my body was tumbling and I felt my body paralyzing. I saw my friends and tried to ask for a help. But at that moment, what I saw was moving slowly like a scene of movie and I couldn't say anything .Yes, because I got an electric shock. It was so real and a great shock that I still remember the feeling. I was unconscious about for 5 minutes. "Bora. Do you hear me? " " Bora, Open your eyes." The voice could be heard dimly. My two Italian friends who were doctors started to talk to me. to find out whether I was conscious or not. If not, they should bring me to the hospital. As I opened my eyes the music stopped and tens of people were surrounding me. I bursted into tears, and noticed that I came back to real world. For about 5 minutes I was in nowhere. I really thought that I was dead. All of sudden, that party became disaster to me. I couldn't walk for few days and had to go to doctor every day.
    After that day I was so scared even to plug my laptop into an outlet. At first, whenever I held electronic devices, I used to wear gloves. It sounds funny now to hear it but yes, that's how I started to overcome this fear. But still I feel terrible whenever that day comes to my mind. But I also learned a good lesson from that day. I started to thank everything from little and ordinary things to the big ones. How happy it is now to breathe and have dinner with family or friends and talk about my terrible day with a big laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment