Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jaemin Park/chapter 2/final draft

                                             I am the hero!

When I was 15 years old, I decided to go USA to study. I didn't realize that I

should live alone without my family until I got the airport in USA. As soon as I got

airport, I faced the reality. I couldn't say English not a word but people kept saying

something to me in English, which made me more embarrassed. I only wanted to

avoid the situation and all I did for a month was crying and calling my friends and

family in Korea again and again. Sometimes I didn't go to school and stayed alone

in the dorm. As I always cried and talked with nobody, I became more alone. I felt

lonely but I didn't have any mood to get along with friends. I missed Korea so bad.

In this way, I was living in USA.

 

One day, I went on a school field trip. I didn't want to go but I should.

"Oh my god"

Having lunch at the river alone, suddenly all friends screamed staring at the river.

Someone was floundering in the river. Now I come to think of it, I don't know how

I was that brave but I jumped in the river. I couldn't even swim well. As soon as I

barely got her in the back, we realized that it was so shallow river that we could

even stand up in the river. Every one breathed a sigh of relief.

That night, the last time I cried in the USA, not because of the sorrow but because

of the delight.

 

From the day on, I became like a hero not only in my school but also in Ohio

state. Walking the road, people who I didn't know came to ask me about the day and praised me.

Of course I made many friends in the school.

 

Looking back, It was really frightening but unforgettable memory.

Now, the moment I write this essay, I miss the days in USA and my friends and teachers all.

2 comments:

  1. You did a very brave job back then! Aside from this story, I also very envy you having had those nice experiences as well as surroundings in US! I venture you with full of respects to your writing that it might have had an improvement in itself if you wrote the sentences with more delineation. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'I venture to you with full of respects regarding your writing that it might have had an improvement in itself if you had written the sentences with more delineation.' would perhaps be making more sense grammatically. HEHE!

    ReplyDelete