Saturday, January 12, 2013

201284042 Han sang deok chatper5 first draft

201284042 Han sang deok
My first interview

When 8:58, I can see a fat man waddling on the road not to late for class. He is my classmate Mr.moon. He is funny and interesting guy who is like a comedian. Mr.moon always gives good feelings around him. I cannot help laughing without a break, talking to him. He has surprising talent to make someone happy with his tongue and his appearance. However, despite his fun, whenever I talked to this guy, I felt an unknown darkness from his word and behavior. I wanted to know this man deeply. So I decided to interview this guy.

I asked him why he was funny. He answered without hesitation. "I can't stand the silent moment. I don't want to have boring time with anyone. Why do I want to be funny? I don't know exactly but I feel pressure when I meet those boring circumstances. Now it became my instinct."

In fact, his funny and outgoing personality makes him really famous throughout his lifetime. He had many friends. Also he did class president several times from elementary school to university. In fact, in my university it is hard to find someone who has never heard of Mr. Moon.

On the contrary, I am not that friendly person. I had difficulties making true friends. so I envied him for his words and personality. I asked him if he liked his friendly character. He smiled, saying, "Of course, it's good to have friends around. But these days my attitude has changed a little bit. In fact I feel tired to meet too many people."

I began to find his darkness. Yes it was his tiredness that I felt since I had known this guy. He seemed to have lots of friends. "Is that the reason why you can't make your girlfriend?" I asked him for fun.

He was obviously embarrassed by that question. He answered, "About my girls don't ask me more. Just see my homepage. I am really tired to speak all that. After my first love, when I make a girlfriend. I don't know why but I tend to think about the profits and loss. For example, when dating, you need to select a place. Girls usually want me to sacrifice. They want me to choose a place near themselves by calling it manner. Like this, you know what I am trying to say. If they are my close friends, I try to understand that. But.. stop.. you are really writing about that?"

I tried to turn the topic rapidly. "Ok, tell me about your difficult point of your life." I just asked him straightforwardly.

"First love!" he shouted to me. "Please just see my homepage." Then, in my imagination, I drew a picture of Mr.moon chattering with a pretty girl. It looked beautiful, but I could only see the vivid face of Mr.moon, not the pretty girl. For this wounded man, it must be hard just listening. "Do you miss that girl?" I asked. "No, absolutely not." He firmly answered.

I really did change the topic. "Why do you come to Police university?" I asked. "Do you really prefer to be a police or something else?"

Mr.Moon hesitated again. In fact, he had taken university entrance exams 3 times owing to his poor scores. He was painful to revoke that experience. He even decided to suicide at the bridge of Han river. "I came this university due to some unavoidable circumstances. I was refused to accept other universities I applied. This university was inevitable. I had never wanted to be police till i got accepted to this university."

Atmosphere around us became gloomy again. 'Failed love and broken dreams?' I thought. I felt tremendous pity for this guy. However I forgot that this guy was optimistic and outgoing guy. "It's true that I wanted to be writer or comedian. But who knows? I can be a competent police officer who catches bad guys. In fact, police work is getting more interesting every time I learn."

We had talked more than two hours. It was already night time. Mr. moon seemed really tired. He said that he had headache, saying too much words. 'What a funny man!' I thought by the time he was out of my sight. Everyone has dark side of own. Some try to find the stars in that dark sky, but others are eaten by that darkness. I think Mr. Moon is the former who seeks the star. And his jokes and wits are enough proof of this.


나의 iPad에서 보냄

1 comment:

  1. 1. More than anything, I liked the way you translated and expressed the contexts of your interview, especially the last part. Not only the part that I liked, all of them in general made a good impression, at least to me, to get the points what this writing wants to say. Also, your introduction in the beginning, literally, is fully enough to captivate readers so that they even could go into the scene.

    2. nope, not at all.

    3. Maybe; It is totally up to one's mind, in the middle of between darkness and positiveness, which way to go to.

    4. Everyone has dark side of own. Some try to find the stars in that dark sky, but others are eaten by that darkness.

    5. They were neither exorbitant nor deficient. Only a bit to plenish, if he feels himself so about his writing in the revision process.

    6. I really liked your writing(or interview). It has a very important message which is truly needed in our daily lives. One suggestion to make, it might be an improvement if you add up some more details what he looked like when saying this and that. As you know, vivid description mostly works as a spice in a writing and I see right now that more of that might be helpful for your improvement. It's still very good, I think.

    ReplyDelete