Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chapter 3 / !st draft / 200702094 Chong rim Yoo

 

 

 

200702094

Chong rim Yoo

My Father

 

 

When someone asks you "Who is your Life mentor?", what will be you answer? For me I will definitely say "My father" unquestioningly. My father is the person who I respect and love the most. Not only because he is my father but because he is the person who has passion and warm-heart.

My father was born in a needy household. Grandfather passed away when he was only a baby. Grandmother was the one who had to money. However, he never gave up studying. He came up to Seoul by himself to attend High-school where he can receive a better education. My father told me that at that moment his daily meal was bean sprout soup. His room was too small his toes were always out of room. My father said"I have never felt myself misfortunate because I had a dream." A dream to become successful, not in monetarily but in his field. He became a banker who is now working in a bank for 34 years.

He is a person who has such a great passion. Even though he has build much experience in his field, he is a person who still studies. Every evening I see my father studying English by reading English newspaper and practices pronunciations. One day I asked my father "What makes you study till these days?" and he said "Because I have passion on my job, and if I quit making effort I won't be able to be fit in this field." His word made me to set him as a life mentor.

Since my father has reached at quite a high position, I wondered what made him to go up to that position. I could remember one of my father's sayings. "Whenever I meet one of my junior staff who is in you age, he or she reminds my daughter which makes me to take care of them more and could not treat them rudely" I thought that was very impressive because he really does not have a chance to face juniors but whenever he have chance he try to give them at least a word which will cheer them up. This warm-heart he has might have lead him to a better person and a better reputation in his field.

My father is a road with no end. I want to and will live a life as my father. I will follow his strong belief that he had set and walk his path. However, even though I follow his path I won't be able to reach what my father has reached. I hope in the end of the road I could face myself, grown up as my father but also having my own strong belief.

2 comments:

  1. I like the characteristic description of you father, by mentioning quotations your father said, and the metaphor shown in the last paragraph is proper and intriguing.
    You explained both the passion and the warm heart your father had, but I think there will be more details that show your father's personality since he grew up in a needy family.
    you can write about it.
    Lastly, I think you can show this piece of writing to college students who are having hard time managing their lives.

    Seongyool Myung

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chap 3/ Final draft
    200702094
    Chong rim Yoo
    My Father200


    When someone asks you “Who is your Life mentor?”, what will be your answer? For me I will definitely say “My father” unquestioningly. My father is the person who I respect and love the most. Not only because he is my father but because he is the person who has passion and warm-heart.
    A boy, called Seok-Ha was born in a needy household. His father passed away when he was only a baby. He was almost taken care by his sisters because his mother was the one who had to earn money. He did not have a chance to feel the love from his parents. His childhood was filled with hunger and cold, but he never gave up studying. As the little boy grew up he came up to Seoul by himself to attend High-school where he can receive a better education. At that moment, his daily meal was bean sprout soup without rice. His room was too small for him to sleep in a straight position. However, that boy never felt himself misfortunate because he had a dream. A dream to become successful, not monetarily but at least in his field. His dream led him to become a banker who is now working in the bank for 34 years.
    As you could see my father is a person who is filled with passion. Even though he has build much experience in his field, he still studies. Every evening I see my father studying English by reading English newspaper and practicing pronunciations. He have been studying English since middle-school which means almost 40 years. One day I asked my father “What makes you study till these days?” and he said “Because I have passion on my job, and if I quit making effort I won’t be able to be fit in this field.” His words were right because until now, every morning I wake up by the sound of BBC radio which means my father’s day have started.
    If you directly meet my father, his bold hair will impress you. However, not only because of his boldness, he has such a nice appearance. He has drooping eyes ,and wrinkles made through his smiling face. His smiling face and huge ears reminds me a Buddha. As his appearance shows that he is a bright, easy laughing person that relates with my father’s personality. I could remember one of my father’s sayings. “Whenever I meet one of my junior staff who is in your age, he or she reminds my daughter which makes me to take care of them more and could not treat them rudely” I thought that was very impressive because he really does not have a chance to face juniors but whenever he have chance he try to give them at least a word which will cheer them up.
    In christmas, I remember my father and I delivering rice and food to the neighbors who were struggling. He and I were very cold, our face turned red and felt like out ears were about to fall, but my heart was warm because I saw my father’s teeth shining so in the dark like a star top of the Christmas tree. This warm-heart might have lead him to a better person and a better reputation in his field.
    My father is a road. I want to and will live a life as my father. I will walk my father’s life road and through this walk I will learn and follow his belief. I know I will not be able to be exactly like my father. So, I hope in the end of the road I could face myself, grown up like my father but having my own strong belief with having my own successful life.

    ReplyDelete