Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jaemin Park/ch5/final draft

( A pianist in my mind)

 

"Why didn't you buy yours?"

"Hey, it's family size!"

"Family size...yeh..so, where's yours?"

I came to interview my elder sister but now I am just watching her without a word.

She is sitting here having family size ice-cream alone. For a short time, I regretted that I had decided to interview her, not my father.

But I try not to watch her gobbling ice cream and imagine her, once skinny beautiful girl, who plays the piano.

I really love her playing piano not only because she plays well but also because I majored yet gave it up long ago.

 

"It was awesome."

She said with her mouth large spoon of ice-cream.

When she was 20 years old she came to USA .

As she suddenly changed to study piano again, my parents opposed to her plan.

So she had no money to buy a piano. Nobody readily gave a job for this little Korean girl. She hardly got a job at the copy store because she had to earn money for tutoring.

A gay with pink nail often came to make fun of her and sometimes she was laughed by other people because she couldn't speak English very well but she didn't care at all.

She said because she only thought about piano she could stand all. Like this, she took the class in the afternoon and worked at night. She cut down on sleep practicing piano.

"I can't do that again, I was fully absorbed in piano."

The little Korean once nobody cared finally graduated with top honors. She said with excitement.

"Everyone gave me a standing ovation!!" She said.

I draw she's playing piano in front of the huge audience. Amazing! It's really amazing.

 

"Mommy"

Hajun broke the silent when we lost in sweet memories.

Now she is a mother of two sons.

"Are you gonna play piano again?"

I asked her glancing the empty ice cream box.

"Surely, someday..."

I see the old piano covered with dust over there.

Looking forward to her playing the piano again, of course with skinny butt, I wrap up the interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment