Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jaemin Park/ch3/final draft

I have 4 nephews and one of them is Ha Jun Park.

Hajun means the present from God in Korean(하늘이 준비한 선물).

One day, as soon as I noticed that my big sister had come to Korea, I rushed to go home. Opening my room, a little angel with a large towel was sleeping in my bed. He had already a lot of hair, small eyes, vivid red lips, which are similar to my sister.

From that day, we lived together for a while.

As I had a vacation, I often stayed with my sister's family and was happy to take care of the baby. He was my first nephew so everything he did, even crying was delight for me. As time went by, he started to focus his eyes on me and say "mommy", which means everything for him such as cookies, milk and toys also.

One day, while my big sister went out, I was watching TV with him. My sister said not to watch the TV with him but as I ad to cancel an appointment because of Hajun, I was kind of angry. Hajun kept saying "mommy" but I ignored and watched TV.

"Ma~ang na~a"

I stared at him suprised.

"What? what did you say?

"mommy, mommy"

I thought I misheard something and kept watching TV.

"Ma~ang~~na~a"

This time I heard clear and strong voice. Hajun was babbling the word with the little cute lips watching me. My family calls me "mangnae",(막내) which means the last child in Korea. Since he kept hearing "mangnae" from my family, the first word he said to me was not "aunt" but "mangnae". That night, he was so adorable that I hugged him for a long while.

 

When Hajun was 4years old, I and my sister's family were going to church.

Arriving at church, we could see a large picture in which there are God and sheep around.

"What does God do with sheep? Hajun asked to me.

"God is taking care of sheep, as he cares human."

"Oh, no! I hate God."

"Why?"

"Because god hit sheep!"

In Korean, we use the word 'chee da'(치다) which has double meaning. One is 'hit someone' and the other is 'taking care of animal'. This was why Hajun hated God for a while.

Now Hajun is 6years old already. He grew up to be a boy who can do Taedkyundo with the small chubby legs and doesn't wear pink outfit any more. He likes to read books and dances very well with PSY's song. He also became a brother who taught the word 'mangnae' to his little brother barely babbling the word "mommy"

Although we don't live together now, the days we have shared were unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment