Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Interview Junseok Kang

200600056         Junseok Kang

           Short Life

We started talking with my friend, Cecile. We talked about the terrible memories we had. At first we started as a joke. But things became serious. She started talking about hers with a shiver.

           "I was young when it happened." She said. "My family was on the vacation. And we went to the country side to take a rest. I don't know why but I had bad feeling. Then it happened." She shivered with a fear. "What happened?" I asked her with curiosity. "Did I tell you that I used to climb? Well… I was in the climbing activity club. I was quite good. Then I was afraid of doing that day. But I didn't want to miss the chance. There were not many chances to climb on a good mountain. So I decided to try." I still can't guess where this story is going. "There were many other people to climb. I said hello to them and chatted. We just talked for a short time but we can have the bond between climbers. One of them there was old guy and his son. He was also spending a holiday and he wanted to have a good time with his son. He was delightful and funny guy.

           She finished her coffee and started talk again. She was nervous because she doesn't have much experience. When she was preparing climbing, she met the old guy's son. He was around her ages. They became the friends. He has more experiences in climbing, he gave some advices on it. They had some conversation. She started to have some good feeling toward him. On the day, they met on the climbing place. They were in different team. So they started with their own.

           His team started first. His father was the leader of his team. His father's role was that he climb up ahead of others and setting up the rope for others' safety. When she was watching their performance, it happened. Her friends' father made a mistake of rope setup. The guy following up him who was his son directly fell from 10m height cliff. Unfortunately he didn't make it. She was so shocked and couldn't talk and move. She started to cry with fear.

           After that day, she never climbs again. She said that she has started to cherish her life and the moment she lives now.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment